It’s been many years since the last time I went to movie. This time I watched Real Steel, a very good movie, I think. It’s not only a robot movie, but filled in with many philosophy. Well, the robots are cool too.
Here are my thoughts after watching it:
- If you’re a father, no matter how ‘fail’ you think you are, your kids will always want you to be their hero. They want to be proud of you. They ARE proud of you.
- If you’re a kid, you know you have a father. No matter how ‘bad’ you think he is, he IS your father. When you say – or even if you only think – that you are proud of him, it’ll make him a better man.
- No matter how good you build a robot, you are the builder. The robot will not outsmart you as a human.
- That’s because we’re not God. We can’t create human.
- Think before you do, and think about what you did.
- Some things in this world is worth a 1200 miles travelling.
- Never forget who saved you.
- It’s not the size that matters.
Being a father, I think lesson number one is the most important. It can give you strength when you ‘fight’ for your family.
Other than that, there are also some cool gadgets in the movie: hp ‘glass’ laptop and robot controller, nokia coolest smartphone, and xbox 720 banner.
One more thing, my emotion was moved with every Atom’s fights (Atom is the hero robot, he has human-like fighting style and he can dance too!).
If you have teenagers, go watch the movie together. It’s worth your time and money. If you don’t have, it’s still worth it.