After so long, I found a free, portable GTD software for windows, called GTD-Free.
I’ve been using it for about one month, and it is the most effective (and fun) so far from all tool I’ve tried, for the following reason:
- it is portable, you can carry it in a USB flashdisk
- it is offline (I don’t like an online tool because it’s sluggish to start)
- it is free (the reason that it is fun)
- it follows GTD workflow: collect-process-organize/review-execute
- there’s priority column
- simple, there’s no “nice to have” things, it’s just all you need to do GTD
- On PC, so it’s quick to collect things (I used to use Palm Treo but it’s slow to type, and the screen is small)
- quick learning curve
In short, this is the best GTD software to organize my mind. Combine this with Outlook (to GTD my e-mails) and physical GTD (set up for physical GTD is in progress), I’m happy :-).
*what is GTD? Click here to know. I recommend readers to read Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity.